YUMM! You don’t need fresh basil for this recipe, but I highly recommend it!! If you’re using dried basil, add it to the stir-fry sauce at the same time as the lime juice.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 4 – 5 cups of fresh veggies
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- the juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
1. In a large pan on medium high, heat oil and sautee chicken. When the chicken is 1/2 cooked, add vegetables, garlic, and water. Cover and allow vegetables to steam for 2-3 minutes or until 1/2 cooked.
2. In a small bowl, combine sriracha, fish and soy sauce, honey, lime and cornstarch. Mix.
3. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables, stir continuously until vegetables are cooked through. Sauce should thicken. If sauce becomes too thick, add a few tbsp of water. If sauce is not thick enough, combine 1 tbsp of water with 1 tsp of cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to dish and continue to stir. Top with fresh basil, stir to combine, and then serve over rice. Enjoy!