This recipes is a WINNER for shrimp lovers. You can try other vegetable combinations, I only used broccoli and zucchini because I had them on hand. In fact, I think this recipe would be delicious inside a zucchini instead of a pepper. You could also add some extra garlic to this recipe if you like, the basil oregano pesto that I use is very garlicy so I have not added more. If you give it a go, please let me know what you think! 🙂
- 3 large sweet peppers (if you’re using bell pepper, you probably only need 2)
- 18 – 22 large shrimp (raw &) shelled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 cups fresh broccoli
- 2 small zucchini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup basil & oregano pesto
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Slice peppers in half length wise and clean out seeds. Place them open-face up on a baking sheet and roast for 6-8 minutes or until they begin to soften.
2. Place a medium sauce pan or skillet on the stove, turn to medium heat. Chop broccoli and zucchini into very small pieces. Add olive oil and vegetables to the sauce pan, sautee until almost cooked. Remove from pan and set aside in a medium bowl.
3. In the same sauce pan on medium heat, add shrimp and 1/4 cup of water. Cover and allow to steam for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to cook (turn orange/pink). No need to fully cook. Remove from heat, toss any remaining water, and add shrimp to bowl with vegetables.
4. Add pesto, Greek yogurt, and most of the feta cheese to the large bowl. Stir to fully combine. Place mixture inside peppers and sprinkle some fresh ground pepper and the remaining cheese over-top. Cook for 8-10 more minutes (at 400F) or until feta softens and red peppers are cooked through.