Hurray!! A delicious recipe that is easy and prep-friendly (low calorie)!! You could easily cook this in the oven instead of on the BBQ (400F for 25 mins), but I LOVE the smokey flavor the BBQ gives. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 sweet long red pepper
- 1 small green zucchini
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 oz feta cheese
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt (or sour cream or light cream cheese)
- 1/2 tsp each oregano and garlic powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- seasoning salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper to season
1. Preheat the BBQ to medium heat. Ensure that the grills are clean and very hot before placing the chicken breasts on them (otherwise they will stick).
2. Slice the zucchini and the red pepper into very small pieces. If you cut them too large they’ll be difficult to stuff inside the chicken and won’t cook through. Place 1/3 cup of the zucchini and 1/3 cup of the red pepper in a small bowl and add onion, crumbled feta cheese, Greek yogurt , oregano, and garlic powder. Stir until mixture is well combined.
3. Slice each chicken breast half way through from top to bottom. Inside this cut, slice one inch horizontally in each direction. This will create a pocket. Season chicken breasts with a light sprinkle of the seasoning salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
4. Stuff each chicken breast with half of the vegetable mixture. They will be very full. Carefully place on the hot BBQ and cook on medium heat (approx 400F – 475F) for 20 – 25 minutes.